Careers at APTec
To control, monitor and improve the safety of work activities, with the aim of preventing accidents. This represents a key role in helping control occupational risk and minimizing operational loss.
- Outlining safe operational practices & procedures to the general workforce, ensuring that all operational activities are carried out in accordance with Company’s safety policies, statutory regulations & guidelines.
- Identifying and reporting various work-site accident hazards, and performing risk assessments designed to mitigate such.
- Lead in-house training for safe working practices and procedures for work site operations & procedures.
- Delivering safety induction training to new starts.
- Developing & maintain training & competency records.
- Carrying out and chair site safety meetings.
- Carrying out periodic inspections of, and prepare inspection reports for, Company equipment (including safety equipment), as required.
- Taking part in all accident/incident/near miss investigations, ensuring accident report forms are completed.
- Preparing, issuing & analyzing required health, safety & environmental performance reports.
- Introducing safety initiatives and awareness Campaigns.
- Managing the Company emergency response procedures, including the management of regular emergency exercises
- Advising on a range of specialist areas e.g. fire regulations, safe disposal of hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational disease.
Skills required for HSE Officer
This role requires the following minimum competency:
- High School or equivalent
- 2 year degree in industrial safety
This role requires the following preferred competency:
- Experience and understanding of efficient and effective HSE management systems incorporating the requirements of OSHA, MSHA, and USDOT.
- Ability to further integrate compliance with OHSAS 18001: 2007 and ISO 14001/2004.
This role requires the following minimum experience:
- 5 years working in safety related job.
- 2 years experience as Safety Officer and of safety management systems and procedures.
This role requires the following attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to motivate & train others
- Well organized (including good time management)
- Alert and self motivated
Project Manager / Engineer
APTec/Canyon Construction Company is a specialized pipeline contractor providing solutions to its customers worldwide, in the mining, energy and industrial markets. In addition to general pipeline work we provide our Sureliner HDPE liner system to protect pipelines from internal corrosion and abrasion.
The position of project manager/engineer involves many phases of a project, from initial client technical presentations to management of the field construction. This is a key role and requires working closely with senior company management/owners.
- Technical presentations to clients to demonstrate the specialized services offered.
- Developing solutions to unique and challenging pipeline installations.
- Estimating and preparing bid submittals and proposals.
- Scheduling materials, equipment and manpower.
- Controlling costs during the buyout and the construction of a project.
- Monitoring the quality of the work.
- Taking part in all company HSE programs and introducing safety initiatives.
- Traveling and onsite management when required.
- Reports to senior management.
- A minimum 5 years project management/engineering experience with pipeline projects working with a construction or an engineering consulting firm. Construction experience in mining, energy or industrial areas is desirable.
- Ability to communicate with clients to assist with expanding and developing business opportunities.
- A degree in engineering or construction management or equivalent project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience preparing proposals and delivering presentations.
- Ability to meet the challenge of tight deadlines.
- A good commercial sense and experience expanding and developing business with new and existing clients.
- Strong problem solving and organization skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of financial reports and project budgets.
- Strong skills in all Microsoft Office programs. Willingness to travel, domestically and internationally.
- Fluency in Spanish language is considered an asset.